Step 1: Define research question
How can we improve the health care delivery experience between health providers and patients in the monitoring and prevention stage?
Step 2: Evidence of the problem
- Providers spend an average of 10 minutes with patients
- A physician will interrupt a patient in less than 24 seconds after the patient begins talking.
- Primary care physicians ask only 59% of essential history
- 50% of psychosocial and psychiatric problems are missed
- 54% of patient problems and 45% of patient concerns are neither elicited by the physician nor disclosed by the patient.
- Patient and physician do not agree on the presenting complaint 50% of the time.