Step 1: Define research question
How can we improve the health care delivery experience between health providers and patients in the monitoring and prevention stage?
Step 2: Evidence of the problem
- Providers spend an average of 10 minutes with patients
- A physician will interrupt a patient in less than 24 seconds after the patient begins talking.
- Primary care physicians ask only 59% of essential history
- 50% of psychosocial and psychiatric problems are missed
- 54% of patient problems and 45% of patient concerns are neither elicited by the physician nor disclosed by the patient.
- Patient and physician do not agree on the presenting complaint 50% of the time.
Step 3: What are the goals?
Improve patient-provider engagement
Combine data science with medical science
Prioritize Care Management Biosensors and machine learning to detect patient deterioration early.
Increase Provider Engagement Use clinical rationale to gain provider confidence.
Increase Patient Engagement Develop personalized outreach based on individual health projections.
Step 4: Research Methods
Review of literature Surveys
Step 5: Ideate
Step 6 : High-Fidelity Prototype
Step 7 : Evaluation
- Made changes based on Usability Testing
- Came up with a list of future features/changes
- Peer to Peer Reviews gave more ideas for changes and improvements